Thursday, October 9, 2014

Doodle-a-Day

Hello!

I don't know if I have ever mentioned this, but I am a big fan of handmade stuff. Gifts especially! And so, this is a gift to myself from me. Anyway, I had been thinking of starting this project (Doodle-a-Day) since a very long time, never really did anything to make it happen though. But, I have finally decided to make shit happen cause I REALLY WANT TO. The project is basically a journal where I'll be recording memorable parts of my day in the form of doodles, everyday. Yes, I have promised myself this and I shall keep it.

Also, the book 'An Illustrated Life' By Danny Gregory, has been a great inspiration to make me want to execute it. For those who don't know what it is about, it's a book with illustrations from the journals of amazing artists/designers from all over the world. It's beautiful. Following is a picture of one of the pages also a motivation for people who think they "can't draw" (pssh) to consider keeping a journal like this too. EVERY.ONE.CAN.DRAW.







And this is Day 1 of my Doodle-a-Day:


Just imagine, by the end of the month, I'm going to have my month recorded and drawn in my journal, to remember for life. Makes me so excited! =)

You should try too.

XOXO,
    S

No comments:

Post a Comment