Saturday, October 4, 2014

What Do We Got?








Mom: What do you want for dinner/lunch/breakfast?
Me: I don't know. What do we got?

Much like THIS from Two And A Half Men. 

She gets annoyed, I get entertained. And then, when I know what options I've got, I can filter what I do not want from what I wouldn't mind having/want to have. Can you relate? I think you can! Or are you one of THOSE who always know what they want, always pre-planning, organizing types? ugh. 

Never mind, moving on..  So, that was a What-do-you-want-short-term question. As you grow up, people start asking you the same question but with reference to the FUTURE (your life). Future. Life. Plans. Ambitions. Achievements. Responsibilities. Money. Family. Security.. Uff! STAAAAAAAAAP. 
But, I have decided, every time someone asks me this question "What do you want in life?" 
THIS (1:45) is what I'm gonna say. Especially the drink part. Oh Bollywood, you have the answers to all of life's questions! *Bear hug*

But the reality is, you don't/can't always have all the answers. Life is a journey (Clichedotcom). It is though. You don't know what's out there for you. How can you be deciding what you want when you don't even know what all is out there? You don't know whether all the options have been laid out in front of you. How can you know what you want if you're subjected to limited perspective? So, that's when you use the Filter Method. Knowing what you want is not easy, but knowing what you do not want is very do-able. Life is messy, and figuring out what you want is a life-long process. A work-in-progress for life.
So, don't beat yourself up over not knowing what you want. That's just silly! (And, I've been there)
But, I've come to realize that I don't have to figure it all out RIGHT NOW. Cause I won't.  
Being patient and keeping realistic expectations is key (I suck at them, but HEY, I try!). 

Trial and Error is my method of choice and honestly, there's no other way I'd rather go. Noting things down (epiphanies), Self-awareness, Reflecting on things as you experience them, etc. are the tools needed on your way to building the answer to the Million Dollar Question. In the end, it's just YOU who can figure your "life" ish out, so taking good care of yourself and loving yourself is DUH, CRUCIAL! 
Do-it do-it.

And, if you've already figured what you want in life, etc. well, you're in for a BIG surprise, my friend. Cause, the world is not a wish granting factory (Whaddup TFIOS reference!)
Don't worry, for dealing with those situations here's what you do, just yell "PLOT TWIST!" and Move. The. Eff. On. Also, remember this: I TOLD YOU SO! :p


Yes, I love you too!
S <3






No comments:

Post a Comment